FW: Looking for US timezone data files

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Wed Jan 31 18:41:31 UTC 2007

I'm forwarding this message from Michele Teifke, who is not on the time
zone mailing list.
Those of you who are on the time zone mailing list should direct replies
appropriately.

Michele: what you've downloaded is the source code for the time zone
compiler and source files; you get to run the source files through the
compiler to create the binary files that actually get used by operating
systems. Note that the "backward" source file is what's processed to
create binary files such as "US/Central".

Mailing list folks: this introduces a more general question--is there
any open-to-the-public collection of time zone binary files?

						--ado