Cuba changing DST spring switch date this year to equal the US

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Mar 3 01:56:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, Granma, the official organ of the central committee of
the Communist Party of Cuba, wrote that this year Cuba will advance
its clocks on midnight, March 10.  See
<http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/english/news/art89.html>.
The official announcement was published (in Spanish) yesterday
<http://www.granma.cubaweb.cu/2007/03/01/nacional/artic01.html>.

The announcement doesn't say when the clocks switch back, but for lack
of better info I guess we should assume that Cuba will use the US
dates for spring and autumn, but switch at midnight standard time,
which is their recent tradition.

I'll send out a proposed patch soon.

PS.  I still haven't been able to find any official confirmation for
the theory that Haiti will not observe DST this year.  The IATA and
timeanddate.com are consistent with this theory, but worldtimezone.com
disagrees.