Brazil DST Rules for 2007

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Mar 5 21:47:39 UTC 2007

According to traditional management of DST in Brazil, the government doesn't
issue a decree about the DST start for the next period until
September-October. Therefore anything before an official decree is just
guesswork. I don't think 21.st. October is a bad guess (similar to 2005,
which was not an election year I think), but First Sunday of November
(applied in 2006) is also a good guess - we shouldn't change forth and back
between different guesses until the official decree is issued.

If Steffen Thorsen has some hidden aces up the sleeve (www.timeanddate.com)
with more official information, certainly we would like to hear about it.
But I doubt it, again based on Brazilian politics. If Amar Devegowda has
some more authoritative information than the two links below, we would like
to hear about it.

Regards,
- Jesper

  _____