Changes to New Zealand TZ rules for 2007+

Will Mooar will.mooar at tait.co.nz
Tue May 1 02:17:05 UTC 2007

Hi there
Thanks for your wonder TZ database, it's a real, um, time saver!

Here are the changes I gleaned from this article:
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411368/1088906.  I hope I have got the rules
right!
Unfortunately I cannot yet locate an official document stating the
changes, but maybe you may be able to?

File: australasia, New Zealand section
Rule    NZ    1990    2006    -    Oct    Sun>=1    2:00s    1:00    D
      (end date changed)
Rule    Chatham    1990    2006    -    Oct    Sun>=1    2:45s    1:00
 D      (end date changed)
Rule    NZ    1990    2007    -    Mar    Sun>=15    2:00s    0    S
   (end date changed)
Rule    Chatham    1990    2007    -    Mar    Sun>=15    2:45s    0
 S      (end date changed)
Rule    NZ    2007    max    -    Sep    lastSun    2:00s    1:00    D
   (added)
Rule    Chatham    2007    max    -    Sep    lastSun    2:45s    1:00
 D      (added)
Rule    NZ    2008    max    -    Apr    Sun>=1    2:00s    0    S
(added)
Rule    Chatham    2008    max    -    Apr    Sun>=1    2:45s    0
 S      (added)

I have assumed the DST changes relate to both NZ and the Chathams and
have updated the table to match, but can't verify this.

Kind regards
Will

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.