New Zealand time to end DST

Chris Smith chrissmithnz at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:38:43 UTC 2007

Hi

Small anomaly for New Zealand timezone DST stop time, the Time Act 1974
states

(2) Any period prescribed in any Order in Council made under
subsection (1) of this section shall commence at 2 a.m. New Zealand
standard time on the day, being a Sunday, specified in the Order in
Council, and shall cease at 2 a.m. New Zealand standard time on the day,
being a Sunday, specified in the Order in Council or in any subsequent
Order in Council.

In NZ we are told accordingly to put clocks forward at 2 (to 3) and back at
3 (to 2).
In my interpretation of this the zoneinfo is incorrect for NZ and should be
stopping at 3am (since 1974)

Regards Chris