Geographical boundaries for the continental US tz zones

Gwillim Law RLAW at nc.rr.com
Thu May 31 23:39:39 UTC 2007

My page at http://www.statoids.com/tus.html has a good deal of detail about
time zone changes over the years in the United States.  I think you'll be
able to find the answers to some of your questions there.  I've answered #2
because I found the information right away.

Most of my description of time zone boundaries comes from published maps,
usually state road maps from Rand McNally, the AAA, Gousha, etc.  They're
pretty reliable, but they can't be considered primary sources.  In the list
of changes following the table on my webpage, the changes with exact dates
often come from primary sources (DOT docket items) or widely disseminated
news reports.  Changes since about 1988 can usually be confirmed by
examining the tz mailing list archives.

--   Gwillim Law