proposed changes to eliminate P macro
Steven R. Loomis
srl at icu-project.org
Sat Nov 10 05:28:41 UTC 2007
The patch worked for me, I did "patch < patch.txt" against
tzcode2007h and fed it each filename in sequence. Compiled fine as well.
The patch did look a bit strange, as to the filename format.
On 09 Nov 2007, at 20:51, Jonathan Leffler wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 6:26 AM, Arthur David Olson
> <olsona at elsie.nci.nih.gov> wrote:
> Here are proposed changes to eliminate the "P" macro from time zone
> (a first step in simplifying the code by assuming C99 compilers).
> I tried to apply this as a patch and run into two problems.
> The file names are not readily obvious to the patch program; the
> names it sees are /tmp/geta13002 and /tmp/getb13002 etc, rather than
> (say) date.c.
> There should be a 2 characters (eg two blanks, or "! " or "+ ") at
> the start of each line, but by the time Gmail gets the message,
> there's a blank missing at the start of lines such as the #ifndef
> lines at the start of the patch below. I also had some unfortunate
> line-wrapping, but I'm willing to blame that on the (other) email
> program I use.
> I tried manually fixing up the patch file for the line starts, but
> was not successful.
> ------- date.c -------
> *** /tmp/geta13002 Thu Nov 8 09:23:34 2007
> --- /tmp/getb13002 Thu Nov 8 09:23:34 2007
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tz