IATA Airport Identifiers

Crewsware rikk at crewsware.com
Sat Oct 13 14:04:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I maintain a file that maps the zone name for about 1800 airports to their
IATA, ICAO and FAA identifiers. For instance:

# Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Pearson International Airport
Link	America/Toronto	IATA/YYZ
Link	America/Toronto	ICAO/YYZ
Link	America/Toronto	FAA/CYYZ

We append this data to tz's backward file and it simplifies life for us,
since we deal extensively with aircraft routing information.

I haven't been able to find anyone else that doing a similar thing and
would like to make this data publicly available in the event that it would
be of use. The need to do time calculations by airport ID isn't all that
common, but if you need to, these mappings are really, really, helpful.

Is there a central repository of other such add-ons to the tz database or
some other way to let people know that this data exists?

Rikk Salamat
Crewsware Software Inc.