new tz database implementation

Rich Tibbett rich.tibbett at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 10:59:06 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'd like to let you know that I have been working on a small project to map
country borders to the information provided by the tz database. I thought it
might be quite interesting, as you can effectively enter any co-ordinate
points on earth and it will return the time for the given location.
Additionally you can enter any country, town, city, street name or zip code
and it will give you the time, thanks to those clever guys over at Google.

Currently, I've evaluated the accuracy to be 96%, with an accuracy at
timezone borders to within 3 miles. Do you think that this is an acceptable
starting point for launch? Those last few percent are proving very difficult
indeed!

I will be continuing this project, as I think it may be useful to someone,
somewhere in the future. However, I would appreciate your feedback and input
should you have any comments or questions or thoughts at this stage.

Many Thanks,

Richard