Microsoft San Luis "confirmation"

Jesper Norgaard Welen jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Jan 21 04:37:21 UTC 2008

It turns out that Microsoft has acted more proactively than even tz database
or World Time Explorer, in setting
up a page for the San Luis inhabitants that by now will wake up Monday
morning to a new schedule, one hour behind
the rest of the country.

The page about how to change Windows operating systems to accomodate the San
Luis change, however they
don't specify a new timezone, instead the rather more relaxed solution to go
back to either the timezones
"(GMT-3) Buenos Aires, Georgetown" or the intermediate timezone "(GMT-3)
Georgetown" which both represents
GMT-3 without DST implementation all year round:

http://www.microsoft.com/argentina/dst/sanluis.aspx

The below page recommends how to change the Argentina DST timezone properly
to have the start and end times for
the Argentina-country-wide change effectuated the 30.th. of December 2007:

http://www.microsoft.com/argentina/dst/actualizacion.aspx

At the time of writing it is Sunday 2007-01-20 22:35 CST -0600 and so it
should be
Monday 2007-01-21 02:35 ADT -0200 in most of Argentina and
Monday 2007-01-21 1:35 SLST -0300 in the San Luis province. (I invented SLST
for San Luis Standard Time,
it is certainly not an official abbreviation!)

Are there any news "on the ground" in San Luis that the change is going
ahead?

I'll take action tomorrow for WTE if this is the case.

Regards,
- Jesper

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:   +52 (55) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:    +52 (55) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the shareware program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.worldtimeexplorer.com/index.html