New DST dates for Mauritius - moved to October

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 24 15:43:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 02:04:16PM +0000, Alex Krivenyshev wrote:

> Seems that English language article "The revival of daylight saving time :
> Energy conservation?"-# No. 16578 (07/11/2008) was
> originally published on Monday, June 30, 2008 ...
>
> I guess that article in French "Le gouvernement avance l'introduction
> de l'heure d'ete" stating that DST in Mauritius starting on
> October 26 and ending on March 27, 2009 is the most recent one.
> http://www.lexpress.mu/display_article.php?news_id=111216
> or http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_mauritius02.html
>
> Alexander Krivenyshev,
> http://www.worldtimezone.com
> New York, NY

I believe the lexpress.mu article claimes that it's just a proposal and
will be voted on in two weeks.  I think it was originally published
11 July so the decision should be made shortly (if it hasn't yet in the
last few days).

I've asked a contact in Mauritius to provide an authoritative reference
for the change (if they can), otherwise I suspect more information
should be available soon.

Regards,
Ed