Possible error with timezone for Saint Pierre/Miquelon?

Hancock, David (dhancock) dhancock at arinc.com
Thu Mar 13 12:05:26 UTC 2008

Please see the note below from one of my colleagues, Bill Raymond. He was
following up on a discrepancy in our airport local-time lookup for one of
the airports our customers use. He verified that the island follows DST by
calling the airport authority there. Neither of us knows the start and end
dates for DST, though.

> One of our destination airports is LFVP - Saint Pierre/Miquelon.  There is a
> timezone America/Miquelon but the current setting is GMT -3 with no DST.  LFVP
> is currently is DST and is GMT -2.  It looks like the Olson data has DST info
> for 2007 but not for 2008.  I did check several sources to confirm, including
> making a call to Air St. Pierre at the airport to check local time.
>
> For now I set LFVP to Etc/GMT -2.  Please let me know if there will be an
> update.

We recently integrated the timezone DB into our flight-planning site and
it's working out very well. We've also been using worldtimeengine.com, which
is great for obtaining timezone information using latitude and longitude.

Cheers!
David Hancock | dhancock at arinc.com