Possible error with timezone for Saint Pierre/Miquelon?

Hancock, David (DHANCOCK) DHANCOCK at arinc.com
Thu Mar 13 15:43:10 UTC 2008

Chris: Thanks for the note. We are using a Python wrapper around the TZ database. I will have a look at the chain starting from our side to see where the "no dst" is being introduced. The library we use gets distributed with a copy of the Olson DB, but if we see an update that's newer than the pytz distribution, we obtain the newer distribution and put it where pytz looks for it.

I'll let you know what I discover from our end. Apologies for blaming the database first! We're in the midst of encoding real timezone names for all of our airports, and this was the first error that wasn't simply having the name incorrect.

I should note, though, that worldtimeengine.com (which uses Olson data and a GIS approach for mapping locations to the timezone name) also shows no DST in 2008, but administrative region is Canada. The following URL ends with an underscore:

http://worldtimeengine.com/doTime/miquelon_st_pierre_and_miquelon_saint_pierre_miquelon_

Thanks, and
Cheers!
David Hancock | dhancock at arinc.com