Updated proposed changes

Jonathan Leffler jonathan.leffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:15:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Arthur David Olson <
olsona at elsie.nci.nih.gov> wrote:

> Given Monday's mail about Syria, here are revised proposed changes to
> time zone files; these changes are relative to tzdata2008a.tar.gz.
>
> *       asia
>        *       Iraq abandons DST
>        *       Syria switched (from 2008 forward) to
>                start DST at the start of the first Friday in April and
>                end DST at the start of October 1.
>        *       "Saigon" zone renamed "Ho_Chi_Minh"
> *       backward
>        *       backward link from "Ho_Chi_Minh" to "Saigon"
> *       northamerica
>        *       Change Cuba (from 2008 forward) to
>                start DST the third Sunday in March.
> *       southamerica
>        *       Add America/Argentina/San_Luis information.
> *       zone.tab
>        *       Entry added for America/Argentina/San_Luis
>        *       Asia/Saigon entry renamed Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh
>
> I hope to make tzdata2008b.tar.gz available 2008-03-24.

There was the question about Asia/Calcutta vs Asia/Kalkotta - any plans to
modify things (presumably if it changes, make Asia/Kalkotta the official
name and leave Asia/Calcutta in the backwards link section)?

That would affect files asia, zone.list and zone.tab, AFAICS.

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0229 - http://dbi.perl.org