Daylist savings letter modifiers for zone format in Australia

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Thu May 1 21:51:13 UTC 2008

    Date:        Thu, 1 May 2008 15:10:31 +1000
    From:        "Mark Rodrigues" <markjrodrigues at hotmail.com>

  | 1. What is the best way for me / us to verify this is right? Is that fact
  | that it is on a government web-site enough?

The best thing for you to do would be to visit a law library in Melbourne
(Melbourne and Monash universities certainly have them, yu could also get a
copy of the legislation from the gpvt Printers) and look up the
Summer Time Act (1974 ??) and its ammendments, and report back to the
list what it says the time zones are called.

Time in Australia is defined by state (or territory) legislation, since
you're in Melbourne, you have the perfect opportunity to find the
original source.   Of course, if you prefer, you could also do it the
easy way and just look at a copy of the legislation on the web.

kre