zdump on 64bit architectures being worked on?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 22:18:52 UTC 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> You probably mean some other structure name. time_t is just a
> typedef for an
> integer type, doesn't have "year elements" :)

He presumably meant "struct tm", whose tm_year is an int on many
platforms, even in LP64 or LLP64 mode (for example, it's an "int" on
my OS X 10.5.5 Mac, meaning it's 32 bits even in LP64 mode).

Sol probably won't have gone red giant by the year 2^31+1900 CE, and
the Earth appears to have existed in the year abs(1900 - 2^31) BCE,
so, at least in theory, this *could* be an issue. :-)