proposed time zone package changes (Argentina, Mauritius, Niue, Syria)

Ezequiel Colombo ezcolombo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 16:13:27 UTC 2008

(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.time.tz/2015)
> and has been causing several problems in our systems these days. Our
government
> hasn't released any new law describing DST for this year so there isn's any
> reason to include 2008 (and future) Rules for Argentina.
>
> In my case i haven't included the '08s Rule in my tzdata last year, but i'm
> using some JAVA software that has included it in their tzupdater tool. Now i
> have to wait for a fixed tzdata and then wait for SUN to release the
tzupdater
> tool including that tzdata.
>
> Please do not make the same mistake twice, the rules should be based on laws
or
> formal government announcements.
>
> Thanks
> ezequiel

The decree 1693/2008 was published today in Argentina stating the following
rule for the 2008/2009 DST scheme.

- Switch to GMT -02:00 on 3rd Sunday of October 2008, 00:00:00hs.
- Switch back to GMT -03:00 on 3rd Sunday of March 2009, 00:00:00hs.

http://www.boletinoficial.gov.ar/Bora.Portal/CustomControls/PdfContent.aspx?
fp=16102008π=3&pf=4&s=0&sec=01

Regards
ezequiel