FW: file-format

Jonathan Leffler jonathan.leffler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:47:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <
olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov> wrote:

> I'm forwarding this message from hsv, who is not on the time zone
> mailing list. Those of you who are on the list, please direct replies
> appropriately.
>
>                                --ado

It depends on whether you are willing to risk your code breaking at an
unspecified time in the future when the rules you see in action - as opposed
to those documented - are suddenly but legitimately altered (remaining as
documented).  If you can afford to take the risk, you can parse to the
stricter rules you see in use.  If you cannot afford to take the risk, you
should follow the documentation.

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org