Timezones as shapefiles (was: Re: Chinese timezones 1970)

Hancock, David (dhancock) dhancock at arinc.com
Sun Sep 14 11:47:25 UTC 2008

Our group is relatively new to the tzdb and very new to GIS, but we do know
that having timezone boundaries as shapefiles would be very useful.

Is there a comprehensive source for timezones as shapefiles? It looks like a
tremendous amount of work to do them--just wondering if it's all (or mostly)
done already.

Thanks, and
Cheers!
David Hancock | dhancock at arinc.com