License for the tzdata information

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Wed Apr 29 13:30:37 UTC 2009

Actually it's probably easier to get this data disseminated in the
corporate world if there is a permissive license attached to it as
opposed to none at all.

In the corporate world, the lawyers (here protecting the assets of the
shareholders) will want to have proof positive that corporation X has
the rights to distribute data or code Y and the corporation will not be
subject to claims. So far, the easiest way to accomplish this is to
explicitly have terms associated with work.

I've seen this in about every company, big and small, that I have dealt
with so I would not be surprised it's a widespread issue. YMMV

(IANAL so of course, the above is a personal opinion on my part. )