License for the tzdata information

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Thu Apr 30 15:44:23 UTC 2009

hgi list,
i was following these thread ..
so far i understand is the tz database a compiled list and not protected.
So noone would be hurt if Ado add something like
"this list is compiled from public source"

or from gfdl:

" Copyright (C)  <year>  <your name>.
  Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
  under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2
  or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
  with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover
  Texts.  A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU
  Free Documentation License".
"

note: i do not suggest to make this gfdl. it is only an example how they
describe there licence inside a document.

re,
 wh