New home for time zone stuff by 2012?

John Emmons emmo at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 27 19:58:17 UTC 2009

To put it in perspective, the CLDR project has thousands of pieces of data
in hundreds of languages.  The scope of the CLDR project is vastly bigger
than TZ.  That being said, I'm confident that if unicode were to take over
tz, then you could still get VERY quick turnaround when you needed to.   I
would think this would be a good move for both TZ and Unicode.

Regards,

John C. Emmons
Unicode CLDR Project vice-chair
Globalization Architect