New home for time zone stuff by 2012?

Mark Davis ⌛ mark at macchiato.com
Thu Aug 27 22:05:59 UTC 2009

Speaking to "I don't think I'd want Unicode specifying any of:"

We'd be hosting the TZ group; the process the group uses and its output
would be up to the group. (The only thing we'd need is for the group to
provide a description of whatever process *is* being followed.)

Mark

And by the way, even for Unicode, the consortium is not in the business of
specifying APIs or binary file formats; I don't know where that perception
arose.