proposed time zone package changes

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jan 15 06:47:10 UTC 2009

From: Arthur David Olson
Subject: proposed time zone package changes

*	europe
		correct Swiss rules; add Europe/Geneva

The new timezone Europe/Geneva corresponds well with what was reported by
Alois Treindl. My question is rather, is it relevant? All the differences
compared to the Bern time zone occurs before our cut-off date of 1970. This
has been a reason in the past for not creating new time zones, because all
differences to existing zones would occur before 1970.

Regards,
- Jesper Nørgaard Welen

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG.