Julian Gregorian

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat Jun 20 16:11:01 UTC 2009

[Sorry for posting on the wrong thread - I have resubmitted this on a
new thread]

Greetings from Ottawa

Can somone confirm if the UNTIL & TO dates provided in the tzfiles are
all Gregorian dates?

In particular, I believe that Serbia & Russia switched from the Julian
calendar to the Gregorian calendar in 1918, and Greece in 1923, yet some
dates  recorded in the tzfiles for these locations span their switch of
calendars. There may also be a similar issue with Alaska.

When processing historical zones before a locations's
conversion to Gregorian calendar, should I be interpretting the provded
dates as Julian dates, or Gregorian dates?

Sincerely

David Patte
Relative Data, Inc.