Human readable DB

Bennett, Billy Billy.Bennett at netapp.com
Mon Mar 30 02:35:59 UTC 2009

I have a php script that takes the compiled timzone file and produces a report you might find useful.  I have not published it yet, it was a project from long ago that I lost the need for so the page has not been kept up to date, but the program there  works and may meet your need.

http://timezones.foskie.com

For example, if I give it the 2008b timezone file for new york and ask for 1991 to 2037, I get a table with:

Entry for timezone file
New_York (1267 bytes)
For 1991 through 2037
====================================
The second after          is
====================================
Apr 07, 1991 02:59:59 EDT 03:00 EDT
Oct 27, 1991 01:59:59 EDT 01:00 EST
Apr 05, 1992 01:59:59 EST 03:00 EDT
.
.
.
Nov 01, 2037 01:59:59 EDT 01:00 EST

The first line has an error, everything after that is correct.  The first line should have read 01:59:59 EST instead of 02:59:59 EDT.

Regards,
= Billy Bennett