Jakarta is Indonesia West Time Not Central Time

Tim Diggins tim at red56.co.uk
Thu May 14 10:56:33 UTC 2009

If I have followed what you're saying, shouldn't the tzdata make sure
to use abbreviations that are already current, where these exist,
rather than inventing new ones?

Speaking as an application designer, it's a real shame one can't work
out the 'actual' timezone (as opposed to the current UTC offset) from
the output of formatted time strings, but I suppose there's not a lot
we can do about that now.

Tim