first pass at Uyghur time

Luther Ma ma.lude.xj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 03:23:37 UTC 2009

On further reflection I wonder if "Uyghur time" as opposed to "Han
time" is really what you want. In both the Uyghur and Chinese
languages the distinction is between Beijing time on one hand and
Xinjiang (or Urumqi) time on the other. And while it is true that
ethnicity and therefore culture largely determines which time one uses
in XJ, putting ethnic labels on the time zones may be somewhat
divisive in an already very unhappy and divisive time. (Hence my
allusion to Solomon's decision.)

I thought only to point out that there is a time zone in use (and
quite widely used) that generally isn't represented on computers, even
though it has been in use as long as computers have been using time
zones. Forgive me if I missed some other factors that need to be taken
into account.

  Thanks again,
-LuDe (Luther) Ma