growing opposition to DST in many Argentine Provinces

Mariano Absatz baby at baby.com.ar
Thu Oct 8 16:30:27 UTC 2009

OvV_HN escribió el 08/10/09 10:55:
>>> province Tucuman: Some provinces do not want another time
>>> http://www.losandes.com.ar/notas/2009/10/1/sociedad-449004.asp
>>> Algunas provincias no quieren otro huso
>>>
>>> ".... in Tucumán, the governor surprised everyone by stating that
>>> it will consider in coming days whether or not the province adheres
>>> to the time
>>> change plan"
>

> Could be decided yet, in favor of the DST change:
>
> "30/09/2009 09:20 Provincial
> La provincia adherirá al Cambio del huso horario que comenzará a regir
> el 18 de Octubre.
> El Gobernador José Alperovich, confirmó que por cuestiones operativas
> (atención en los bancos y vuelos programados) la provincia, necesita
> manejarse con el horario que tendrá Capital Federal, por lo que
> acatará lo dispuesto por la Nación en relación al cambio del huso
> horario que comenzará a regir a partir del domingo 18 de octubre y que
> finalizará el 7 de marzo de 2010."
> http://www.tucuman.gov.ar/gobierno/secprensa/noticias.php?idnoticia=2839
> [Tucumán - Sitio Oficial de la Provincia]

What I couldn't find was any reference in the National "Boletín Oficial"
where Federal Laws and Decrees are published... my guess is that there
is sufficient "hearsay" so that the Provinces are officialy "taking
sides", but only that... all national info I could see was in the media
and not on official sites :-(

--
Mariano Absatz - "El Baby"
baby at baby.com.ar