Fwd: Pakistan data incorrect?

Andy Heninger aheninger at google.com
Tue Oct 13 21:07:58 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Syed Masood Ibrahim <coolpak at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: Pakistan data incorrect?
To: aheninger at google.com
Cc: marc at geonames.org

Hello,
I am currently located in Pakistan city Lahore. We are still following
Pakistan Daylight Savings time.

Since I had no idea how to reply back on "GMane" thus sending you an
e-mail...

Kind Regards
Masood
Cell: +92-300-8487916

From: Andy Heninger <aheninger <at> google.com>
Subject: Pakistan data
incorrect?<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cedd53c2d0910121459u1bde6fb4r7b3bb7f69211ddc4%40mail.gmail.com%3e>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.time.tz <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.time.tz>
Date: 2009-10-12 21:59:27 GMT (20 hours and 1 minute ago)

Pinging the Pakistan question again,
the current (2009n) data for Pakistan appears to be incorrect for the date
for the end of daylight savings time for this year,
2009n says
Rule Pakistan 2009 only - Oct 1 0:00 0 -

Should be
Rule Pakistan 2009 only - Nov 1 0:00 0 -

I've independently received reports that Pakistan is still on Daylight time,
but if someone located there could confirm it, that would be good.  (I'm not
there.)  And then, of course, the data wants to be updated.

  Thanks,

    -- Andy