Xinjiang Time

Luther Ma ma.lude.xj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 02:40:12 UTC 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Alexander Krivenyshev wrote:

> Xinjiang Time is sort of unofficial time, which is the same time as
> in nearby
> Kazakhstan (2 hours behind Bejing Time).

As far as I understand from Uyghur sources in Xinjiang it is actually
an official time, but unfortunately I don't have any documentation for
that.

> Here I found some sites from Chinese web sites in Chinese, where
> mentioned “Xinjiang time” for some Television Stations, by
> minorities in
> National Restaurant Table, local places to the west from Kashgar
> (Kashi) ...

Official or not, though, if it is used in official publications and in
TV programing it seems like it would be nice to be able to also set
your computer to XJ time.

-Lude (Luther) Ma