Pakistan federal government has issued a notification to end DST.

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 21:26:21 UTC 2009

Andy Heninger <aheninger <at> google.com> writes:

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Syed Masood Ibrahim <coolpak
<at> gmail.com>Date: Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM
> Subject: Re: Pakistan data incorrect?To: aheninger <at> google.comCc: marc
<at> geonames.orgHello,
> I am currently located in Pakistan city Lahore. We are still following
Pakistan Daylight Savings time.

> Since I had no idea how to reply back on "GMane" thus sending you an e-mail...
>
> Kind Regards
> Masood
> Cell: +92-300-8487916
>
> From: Andy Heninger <aheninger <at> google.com>Subject: Pakistan data
incorrect?

> Newsgroups: gmane.comp.time.tzDate: 2009-10-12 21:59:27 GMT (20 hours and 1
minute ago)

> Pinging the Pakistan question again,the current (2009n) data for Pakistan
appears to be incorrect for the date for the end of daylight savings time for
this year,
> 2009n says
>
> Rule Pakistan	2009	only	-	Oct	1	0:00	0	-
>
> Should be
>
> Rule Pakistan	2009	only	-	Nov	1	0:00	0	-
>
> I've independently received reports that Pakistan is still on Daylight time,
but if someone located there could confirm it, that would be good.  (I'm not
there.)  And then, of course, the data wants to be updated.

Pakistan media (International News Network) reports with reference to
Private TV Channel that
Pakistan federal government has issued a notification to reverse the clocks by
one hour from November 1st, 2009.
http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?id=154383
http://www.geo.tv/10-25-2009/51686.htm

Alexander Krivenyshev (World Time Zone),
http://www.worldtimezone.com