data2010h

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Wed Apr 14 15:57:51 UTC 2010

<<On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:35:49 -0400, I wrote:

> A new anomaly that I've just recently become aware of: Deep Springs
> College in Deep Springs, California, does not observe DST.

Having now returned from there, it's more confusing than that.

They do indeed not change their clocks.  However, they call the it
"Deep Springs Time" or "DST".  In terms of the normal U.S. timezones,
they are an island of Mountain Standard Time surrounded by Pacific
Time.  They could probably use America/Phoenix, so there's no need for
a separate zone.

-GAWollman