Creating an alias to America/Sao_Paulo

Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle leonardof at gnome.org
Sun Apr 18 14:32:41 UTC 2010

I am a GNOME trasnlator, and I received an e-mail from an user about the
choice of the São Paulo city as the name for the corresponding time
zone. I understand this is the most populous city, but he made a good
point: in Brazil we call this time zone "Brasília time".

Brasília has been our country capital for 50 years, since the government
finished building it for this specific purpose. There's no chance the
city will lose this the status for the next decades, because no one has
any good reason for that. So, I'd like to know if there's any chance of
creating America/Brasilia as an alias to America/Sao_Paulo.

Thanks!