factory zone abbreviation

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Aug 26 21:07:17 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:19:19PM -0400, "Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E]" <olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov> wrote:
> impose any fixed length limit.  (POSIX allows implementations to limit
> the length to six bytes or higher, but doesn't oblige them to.)

Maybe I am dense, but where does POSIX actually oblige implementations
to only accept the POSIX forms for TZ? I see no requirement for
implementations to handle this in any specific way, but maybe I overlooked
it?

(The lack of requirements might not invalidate reasons to change
anything, of course).

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de