Time zone confusion and implementation hints

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Tue Jul 6 18:01:22 UTC 2010

On 06.07.2010 18:56 CE(S)T, Ian Abbott wrote:
> You can get a BSD-style licensed version of getopt from
> <http://xent.com/~bsittler/geocities/>. That's Benjamin Sittler's
> "my_getopt" package.

I tried that and it helps. The getopt missing references are gone. There
just remains a missing _link reference that I cannot resolve. Here's
what I did after editing private.h to minimise the error messages and
adding my_getopt:

cl zic.c scheck.c ialloc.c my_getopt.c

Output:

> Microsoft (R) 32-Bit C/C++-Optimierungscompiler Version 14.00.50727.762 für 80x8
> 6
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
>
> zic.c
> zic.c(103) : warning C4028: Formaler Parameter '2' unterscheidet sich von der De
> klaration
> zic.c(1490) : warning C4113: 'int (__cdecl *)()' weicht in der Parameterliste vo
> n 'int (__cdecl *)(const void *,const void *)' ab
> scheck.c
> ialloc.c
> my_getopt.c
> Code wird generiert...
> Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
> /out:zic.exe
> zic.obj
> scheck.obj
> ialloc.obj
> my_getopt.obj
> zic.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "_link" i
> n Funktion "_dolink".
> zic.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.

There are warnings that I don't understand. The present C syntax with
split function arguments was entirely new to me. Looks a bit like Pascal.

I searched all files for "_link" but could only find it in zic.obj, not
in any of the source files. Where can I get that unused function from?
And why do I need to? Can I just define my own _link() { } ?