Time zone confusion and implementation hints

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Jul 10 11:19:32 UTC 2010

On 07.07.2010 08:45 CE(S)T, Robert Elz wrote:
>   | I'm using zic to not do that. I hoped there would be a
>   | simple switch in zic.c where I could extend the last generated year.
>
> There isn't, but you could fairly easily add one, you just need to alter
> its setting of max_year (look for "2037" in the code).

I've tried it again and it worked. The first time I did it, I think I
didn't see any effect, but I was reading the binary files myself where I
might have made a mistake. Now that I have my binary file reader in C#,
I can see transition times up until 2099 or whatever I set in zic.c.

I just need to polish it a bit so I can publish all of it on my website
for those interested.