New time zone home (revisited)

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Jul 14 17:28:27 UTC 2010

Just to make it clear that our offer from last year still stands:

Mark

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:48, Mark Davis ⌛ <mark at macchiato.com> wrote:

> The officers of the Unicode Consortium (http://unicode.org) have discussed
> this issue, and are interested in exploring hosting the TZ efforts. Aside
> from the Unicode projects, we currently also support other independent
> efforts (http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/, http://www.unicode.org/udhr/).
> Hosting the TZ project would provide for mailing list hosting, code
> distribution, source code repository (SVN) if desired, etc., web pages, etc.
> -- presuming that the functioning of the TZ group would continue basically
> as it does now.
>
> If there is interest in something along these lines, we can discuss more
> specifics of what this would look like and then pass a proposal by our board
> of directors.
>
> Mark

Speaking to "> I don't think I'd want Unicode specifying any of:"

We'd be hosting the TZ group; the process the group uses and its output
would be up to the group. (The only thing we'd need is for the group to
provide a description of whatever process *is*being followed.)

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*