Extension to tzcode to support additional timezones

Christos Zoulas christos at zoulas.com
Wed Oct 27 15:27:52 UTC 2010

On Oct 27, 10:03am, abbotti at mev.co.uk (Ian Abbott) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Extension to tzcode to support additional timezones

| On 26/10/10 18:44, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| > On Oct 26, 10:33am, eggert at cs.ucla.edu (Paul Eggert) wrote:
| > | I agree that it'd be better to have a new opaque type,
| > | struct tz * (say), rather than void *.
| >
| > I just have:
| >
| > typedef struct __state *timezone_t;
|
| As 'state' is a fairly common word (even though '__state' would be a
| system reserved identifier in C terms), it might be better to make it:
|
| typedef struct __tzstate *timezone_t;

Sure, I can easily change that, but let's settle first if we want a typedef
or not. I will be fixing some api things that people pointed out to me and
I'll post a new diff soon. If we come into consensus if we want a typedef
or not, I will make the necessary changes. The second part of the discussion
is how to deal with tm_zone. Do we document that if you tzfree() you are
going to lose, or do we make it work using a string pool and thread locks?
Or something else?

christos