Update for Asia/Calcutta timezone

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 4 21:57:09 UTC 2011

On 01/04/11 13:46, Paul Koning wrote:
> If the capital of the country is in the zone in question, that's the only city name that makes sense.

But capitals change too (for example, Kazakhstan).  No naming principle
will work everywhere, and it's probably better to stick with the principles
that we have.  The question here is when one principle (use the most-populous city)
should override another one (avoid name changes).  It's not a slam-dunk case
either way, which is why I asked for further comments.