TAI zone?

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Fri Jul 1 11:26:43 UTC 2011

Am 01.07.2011 12:35, schrieb Guy Harris:

> On Jun 30, 2011, at 2:02 AM, walter harms wrote:
>
>> In Germany (at least) a lot of private clock use the dcf77 signal what is the official time signal
>> for germany. And that honors leapseconds, sommertime etc. It is true that you can not get UTC
>> clocks this is reasonable since most people expect there clock to have localtime.
>
> "matches the clock on the wall" means "modulo the time zone you're in", i.e. the hour might not match UTC, but the minutes and seconds do.
>
> So what do those clocks display in the second counter during a positive leap second?  A value > 59?

I can only assume that they "stop" for one second. my ntpd says (normal use) "timecode="\x02D:01.07.11;T:5;U:13.21.36;  S \x03","
and refclock_status="DST; TIME CODE; (LEAP INDICATION)",
If i produces would like a simple solution for a wall clock i (!)  would ignore anything > 59s, no comsumer would notice,
that an update is missing for 1sec.

re,
 wh