Irkutsk will change time zone to Krasnoyarsk time zone

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 18:19:32 UTC 2011

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] <olsona <at> dc37a.nci.nih.gov> writes:

> So:
>
> 1. Do we know yet whether Irkutsk plans to fall back at the end of the year?
> 2. If not, do we know whether Irkutsk is to be on "permanent standard time"
or "permanent summer time"?

> Thanks for any light anyone can shed.
>
>         --ado

Just to make some notes: Irkutsk actually will keep it's current time zone
(UTC+8) before and after March 27, 2011, while many regions in Russia will
introduce last time Summer Time (shift their time zones to the east).

Currently, Krasnoyarsk uses time zone UTC+7 (winter), and after march 27, 2011
will introduce last time DST, or to move to new time zone UTC+8 (where
currently Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude).

However media reports as "Irkutsk will use Krasnoyarsk time zone"
not "Krasnoyarsk will use time zone of Irkutsk"- which is the same.

Point is- that current time zone UTC+8 (where Irkutsk and Buryatia (Ulan-Ude))
will change its configuration. Irkutsk will be in the same time zone as
Krasnoyarsk, however Buryatia (Ulan-Ude) didn't got approval from govermnent
(media reports)- http://uude.ru/news/index.php?news=208660 (russian) and will
change its clock.

1. Most of Russia (all) won't plan to go back to winter (standard) time by end
of the year. The idea is - to make time zones adjustments on March 27, 2011, so
there are no need to change clock again (in theory).

So, for example, instead of Moscow time zone UTC+3 (winter) and UTC+4 (summer)-
we have to view as Moscow changing it's time zone from UTC+3 to UTC+4
permanently and all country no longer using Daylight Saving Time after March
27, 2011

2. Irkutsk plan to be permanently with Krasnoyarsk time zone (UTC+8), unless
population will disagree with this idea in the future and demand to make time
zone adjustment again.

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_russia27.html