new southamerica file

Glenn Eychaner geychaner at lco.cl
Mon Mar 28 15:37:34 UTC 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E] wrote:

> I'm forwarding this message from Ruben Lohaus, who is not on the time zone mailing list. Those of you who are on the list, please direct replies appropriately.
>
> From: Ruben Lohaus [mailto:rlohaus at gmail.com]
>
> New southamerica file due new law in Chile.
> 2011/03/28

This file seems to miss the fact that the change back to DST was also moved to the 3rd Saturday in August from the usual October date.  Also, the article at El Mercurio says that this will be reevaluated next year in March.  The implication seems to be that if the government does nothing, the new rules will become permanent, though one would really need the actual text of the new law, which I haven't searched for (assuming it has even been published; the official site http://www.horaoficial.cl/cambio.htm hasn't yet been updated either, and that's what I rely on to get the Decreto Supremo number).

-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory