FW: Re: proposed time zone package changes--Chile/Russia/Irkutsk/Buryatia/Morocco

Arthur David Olson olsona at lecserver.nci.nih.gov
Wed Mar 30 17:55:33 UTC 2011

I'm forwarding this message from Glenn Eychaner; Glenn is on the mailing list.

				--ado

From: Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at lco.cl>
Subject: Re: proposed time zone package changes--Chile/Russia/Irkutsk/Buryatia/Morocco
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:34:01 -0300

On Mar 30, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Arthur David Olson wrote:

> If no problems are found, the ftp versions will be updated on 2011-04-04.

Could these go up on Friday the 1st rather than on Monday, as the changes to the Chile time zone take effect this weekend?
Also, while the Chile time zone updates seem to be correct based on my tests on my machines, one small comment change:

> + # In English:
> + # Chile's clocks will go back an hour this year on the 7th of May instead
> + # of this Saturday. They will go forward again the 3rd Saturday in
> + # August, just as before 1968. This is a pilot plan which will be
> + # reevaluated in 2012.

In my haste, I mistranslated this (I skipped some text and screwed up "desde/hasta" just like I always do).  It should read:

# Chile's clocks will go back an hour this year on the 7th of May instead
# of this Saturday. They will go forward again the 3rd Saturday in
# August, not in October as they have since 1968.  This is a pilot plan
# whose continuation will be evaluated in 2012.

Thanks,
-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory