FW: Proposed change to zone.tab

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Wed May 18 12:30:10 UTC 2011

Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan <at> ochtman.nl> writes:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 02:35, Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) [E]
> <olsona <at> dc37a.nci.nih.gov> wrote:
> > I think the country code for Curaçao should be 'CW' according to
> > ISO3166, as 'AN' have been removed recently.
>
> Right, the Netherlands Antilles have been dissolved per 10/10/10:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Netherlands_Antilles
>
> In zone.tab, we should probably:
>
> - Remove AN
> - Add CW for Curaçao
> - Add SX for Sint Maarten (Dutch part)
> - Add another NL entry for Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius
> - Modify the current NL entry to state "most locations" or "mainland"

It has been "official" with http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_3166-1_newsletter_vi-
8_split_of_the_dutch_antilles_final-en.pdf, available from
http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/updates_on_iso_3166.htm.

The change was committed twenty-eight hours ago into the FreeBSD Project head
(http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/share/misc/iso3166?view=log) and now is causing a minor
headache there because tzsetup cannot find AN :-P

Looking forward to get this data also in sync with reality!

Edwin