Israel Daylight Saving Time -- Extension in the Works

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Mon May 30 06:02:35 UTC 2011

> The Minister of Interior has appointed a committee to examine the
> possibility of extending the end date of Daylight Saving Time in Israel:
>
>    http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=207228
>
> I will update the list when the committee makes its recommendations
> (probably sometime in the spring).

The committee has submitted its 200+ page report and recommendations
to the Minister of Interior.  The details of the recommendations are
not yet public, but the minister is expected to make a statement
regarding submitting an ammendment to the current law to extend the
duration of Daylight Saving Time.

[Article in Hebrew: http://www.mako.co.il/news-israel/local/Article-a7a4d2c009c3031004.htm&sCh=31750a2610f26110&pId=786102762 ]

When more concrete details come to light, I will update the list.

The legislative process will probably take a couple of months before
becoming law.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il