[tz] Query about update in timezone database

Jonathan Leffler jonathan.leffler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:22:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 00:12, Mangala Arjun <mangala.avision at gmail.com>wrote:

> When an update for timezone database is present, will it be intimated in
> this mailing list?

Yes.  Typically, there will be some discussion of events that will require
a change.   When those are known in enough detail, then a proposed set of
changes will be circulated for review and approval.  Sometimes, there are
amendments.  Then, in due course (typically about a week after the proposed
changes are circulated), an announcement is made that a new revision of the
database has been posted.

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leffler at gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2011.0612 - http://dbi.perl.org