[tz] temporary timezone database home ...

Yann Droneaud yann at droneaud.fr
Fri Oct 7 11:50:11 UTC 2011

Le vendredi 07 octobre 2011 à 10:54 +0200, Yann Droneaud a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Le vendredi 07 octobre 2011 à 11:47 +0700, Robert Elz a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> > Next, while elsie's ftp server is shut down, munnari.oz.au isn't, and the
> > tz database & code remains available from here.   Further, I will not
> > respond to requests from (almost) anyone to cease making those files
> > available (including Arthur and Paul - but by all means feel free to try
> > if you need to to satisfy some obligation to cease making the data
> > available - I'll ignore you, but you will at least have used every reasonable
> > effort...)
> >

> [...]
>

> > Unfortunately, I don't have the sccs (or is it rcs or something these days)
> > master files, so I won't be able to do quite the same job that Arthur did,
> > but I can keep all versions so they can be checked into a version control
> > system later.
> >

> It's probably a good time to switch to a distributed version control
> software (git, hg, bzr, etc.) with a public repository so that anyone
> can easily mirror the database (and follow the changes made by authors
> for the next updates).

As a first move, have a look at the git import of all code/data archives
found at ftp://munnari.oz.au/pub/oldtz/

https://quoi.quest-ce.net/gitweb/?p=tz/code.git;a=summary
https://quoi.quest-ce.net/gitweb/?p=tz/data.git;a=summary

Each archives was imported using git fast-import base "import-tar"
script.

To retrieve the repository, run

git clone git://quoi.quest-ce.net/tz/code.git
git clone git://quoi.quest-ce.net/tz/data.git

One can use these repositories as a starting point while waiting for a
better import of the project history.

Regards

--
Yann Droneaud