[tz] AP Article: Time zone database has new home after lawsuit

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Mon Oct 17 01:12:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On Oct 16, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

Time zone database has new home after lawsuit

Firstly, sorry for the radio silence from us on this list. As you can probably appreciate due to the circumstances, there was a limited amount we've been able to say to date.

ICANN was asked to expedite the transition of the Time Zone Database in light of the recent developments. On Friday, we posted the TZ data at the following locations:

    http://www.iana.org/time-zones
    ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz
    rsync://rsync.iana.org/tz

We are acting as instructed by the IESG at the moment, while draft-lear-iana-timezone-database is finalised.

kim