[tz] Robert Elz as TZ coordinator

David Keegel djk at cyber.com.au
Fri Oct 21 12:16:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 07:08:03AM +1100, David Keegel wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 09:58:04PM +1100, David Keegel wrote:
> >
> > I support Robert Elz taking on the role of TZ Coordinator until Robert
> > resigns from that role or the TZ mailing list reaches consensus on a
> > new TZ Coordinator.
> >
> > Is anyone opposed?
>
> If anyone does want to oppose Robert Elz being TZ Coordinator, this
> is your last call - please speak up in the next day or so.

It's clear to me that there is a consensus on the TZ list in favour of
Robert Elz being TZ Coordinator for the time being.  I counted about 15
supporters, 3 concurring (no objection), but most importantly 0 against,
and no unresolved concerns that I recall.

Thanks for your comments.  I see no need for any more support.

Looking at section 4 of
	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-iana-timezone-database/
it looks like the next step is somebody tells the IESG that the TZ mailing
list has reached a consensus that Robert Elz should be TZ Coordinator, then
IESG should "confirm" that.

Any volunteers for communicating with IESG?

My goal here is to try using the process in the I-D and see if we can get
that notion of the TZ Coordinator aligned with reality (Robert Elz has been
acting like TZ Coordinator for a few weeks, which is a very good thing).

For me it is partly as a "dot the I's" exercise, and partly to test the I-D
and get a little experience in using it.